Supply Chain Resilience
In this presentation we will start with background information on the evolution of Supply Chain Resilience (SCR) and the evolution over the years.
Next we will see the SCR triangle and its sectors.
After that the ripple effect is the countermeasure to it.
Finally, we will study real-life business examples, business scenarios and best practices to get a complete view of the topic.
• Learn how to define Supply Chain Resilience
• Understanding how Supply Chain Resilience can be used to both maximise opportunities and minimise threats
• Understanding the principles and processes of Ripple Effect
• Establishing the attributes of the Supply Chain Resilience
At the end of this unit, you will be able to…
• Know what is meant by resilient supply chain;
• Understand how to improve the resilience of a SC;
• Identify the disruption and improvements to be made to the SC;
• Evaluate the resilience of a supply chain;
• Demonstrate some cases where you have an SCR.
Structure of the Module
1. History of supply chain resilience
• from resilience to SC resilience: concept evolution;
• SCR resilience definition literature review.
2. Supply Chain Resilience Triangle
• contextualizing into SC performance profile & Research extension;
• performance profile;
• resilience triangle sectors.